Links

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Let's Turn back the clock kinda day

Sometimes you are looking for content to add to a blog. Something that will keep a readers interest and keep them coming back. I will have to credit the West Virginia Historical Photographs collection
as the main source of my historical Morgantown Photos.

TODAYS PHOTO(Link to site rather than posting photo)

Today is one of those days that I was reaching for an idea something to do and it dawned on me, I had previously considered finding a historical photo and discussing it on the blog. I love photography, and that doesn't mean it has to be mine, but it could be.


The Photo that you see to the right was taken in 1949 when the original Star City Bridge was being built. Of course it looks nothing like it does today, even though this image was taken on the opposite side of the bridge. The old bridge was destroyed a few years ago in the early AM. I remember waking up early and going to the Texas Roadhouse with Ginger Bernholt so we could see the demolition of the bridge before we headed off to work.

I just thought it would be mice to stop and reflect a little.

1 comment:

Ginger said...

George, I remember that too! It was fun, but a little early in the morning. I don't really remember the time but I know I had a big cup of coffee!