Links

Monday, October 15, 2007

It's a back to work Monday

I'm telling you the weekends just seem to fly by anymore. It seems like it was just Friday night and the workweek was over with.

Over the weekend I managed to go to Mountaineer Madness, the first WVU Basketball Practice of the season Friday night with Mark, Chewy and Courtney. Mark had the opportunity to see a slam dunk by WVU during a WVU basketball game. You would think a man who has been the teams official statistician for roughly 20 years sitting on press row would have seen a dunk or two through the years, but he doesn't actually get to see too much of the action and told me he has never had his eyes up for a WVU Dunk.

Saturday I went and did a little shopping. Went to a few stores like JC Penney's and Steve and Barry's and of course Wal-Mart to pick up a few things. In was all over the place trying to find dress shirts for someone my size. having a 20" neck makes it VERY hard to find a shirt that fits. Gerald recommended going to Daniel's here in Morgantown, he said other than JC Penny's it's really the only other place you can find big men's clothes. Belk's had a small selection and Elder Beerman's selection was very limited.

Sunday was Fantasy Football day and I was taking my 6-0 record against the only other undefeated team. One of us had to win, and let's just say about everyone on my team had a MONSTER game. The way our league is set up, teams will average between 90-100 points a game if you are half decent. I blew that scale out of the water this weekend setting a league record for points in a single week and still have one big points player going tonight. I won 207-97 and all my opponents players have played. Needless to say there is only one undefeated team left and it is yours truly. Considering the knowledge levels of sports of the guys in this league, that is one HECK of an accomplishment. I owe it all to draft research, I drew the first position for the draft, but that position traditionally doesn't even make the playoffs. I found a sleeper or two.

It's Monday morning and the weekend is now once again a fond fading memory. Back to work.

No comments: