Links

Monday, April 30, 2007

Yesterday went pretty well

Yesterday was a pretty good day. I spent the day with Amy and we went out for a late lunch to Cheddars, it was the first time that I had actually ate at Cheddars. I was impressed with the place, the quality of food was good and the prices were very reasonable.

We sent most of yesterday afternoon basically running all over the county so that each of us had an opportunity to start to meet and greet each others family for the first time.

We started off by me meeting her parents, strange that this is the second set of parents I have had to meet in 23 years if you believe that one. It was a nice little time and they appeared to be some very nice people. Her Mom is a school teacher at Mountianview Elementary and her Dad owns a Buisness in Star City. Steve Dodrill from my softball team works with her mom, but I drew a complete blank when trying to remember his last name because we always were to him as Steve Staff.

I also had the opportunity to meet her Maternal Grandparents. He Grandfather and I both worked at Sterling Faucet, but at completely different time periods. He retired in 1970 and I started there in 1982.

I also had the chance to meet her brother, needless to say we were running all over the place for a few hours.

Today, I have another DR's appointment this afternoon and we have that dreaded 10:00 PM time slot tonight for our first game of the season. We beat John Howard Motors last year, but these two teams should be pretty easily matched and hopefully we can leave the field with a win tonight.

Have a great day.

No comments: