Links

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Hump Day

It is Hump Day, that is when the work week hits its midway point and starts to coast towards another weekend.

The picture you may ask, that is the back side of the foundry at the Helmick Corporation, where I worked from 1991-97. It's coming on ten long years since the notice that plant was going to cease manufacturing operations. It was a time when my days and weeks were very long and so were my paychecks. It was also the place where once it ended my weight gain first began. I was 265 when I was laid off and my weight ballooned after that. I haven't seen my weight at 265 since, well a few minutes ago when it was 263 ( this coming from 314 18 months ago.)

Times have changed and I no longer have to work the 11 to 12 hour days in oxygen depleted closed environments. I now work remotely from home and enjoy working in the same field my degree and course of study is in. I've stayed the course and it's now starting to pay dividends on my investment in time, money and resources for an education.

I'm thankful that my hump day is from the comfort and convenience of my own home rather than a longer day that could lead to some serious health implications.

Once I get through with today, I have a diabetes education class and softball practice tomorrow. The next day is Friday, so we're inching closer and closer to another weekend.

Have a good hump day.

No comments: