Links

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Switching Nameservers.

Within the next week, people may notice my website may experiance a slight time of downtime. You may have some trouble accessing it because I am switching my nameservers. A DNS or nameserver is the word address to access a site, i.e. george-hall.net is the nameserver address. You type in that address and whoever hosts it forewards that traffic to the IP Adress of 72.29.73.31. This is where my site is actually housed at. This is Mountaineer Hosting and it is where everything is stored. When you see a picture or a file on my site, it's on their server.

For the past two years george-hall.net was registered at Register.com. My registration was coming due in the middle of August and I would have had the opportunity to renew the name for $35.00 a year. I signed up two years ago and I think it was like $22.50 a year for two years ($45.00).

There has been a new domain register that has come to the forefront over the last year, GoDaddy.com, you may remember them from the Super Bowl ads was allowing me to transfer my domain for $6.95 a year. Mark Devault them and doesn't seem to have any problems with them. He actually has a few names registered through that site.

So, as the DNS servers may have to reset in the next week to know where to foreward the query, accessing my site may temporarily be hit and or miss for a day or so. It's just transferring from one account to the other, it may not even have a problem and people may not even notice it happening.

Anyways, if you do have trouble accessing it and want to see it, you can access it by going HERE to see the main site and HERE to see my pictures.

On a side note, my sister Kim saw a snake yesterday also. I wonder if she knows that black snakes eat poisonous copperheads and small rodents.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I don't care what black snakes eat ....they can eat it elsewhere. Maybe you can come and get the one in my woodpile and take it to your house to kill the copperheads??