Links

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Getting Organized on my Movies

Mark Devault gave me a great idea this past week when he showed me he cataloged his MOVIE COLLECTION. I liked the idea of what he did so I went looking for the same thing to organize my movies. Mark uses a MAC and I use WindowsXP as an operating system, so I couldn't use what he was using.

I started looking around the net and saw Movie Collector, but it limited you to 50 movies before you have to buy it for $40.00. I, am a cheap bastard who is trying to save up some money for my move this winter and looked elsewhere. I wanted something that had a database with images that could export to HTML. This wasn't easy to find, so I figured I would try to crack the Movie Collector software. These people make stealing their software a little too difficult. I'm sure there will be an eventual crack out there, but not just quite yet.

Today, I managed to find a piece of software that allowed me to do everything I want as well as export to an SQL database if needed. I downloaded Ant Movie Catalog and started creating my database. I never really knew how many movies I had until I started building the database. I added all my VHS Movies and all my VHS Movies that IMDB had a record for.

Now of course there are others movies that are not listed like my Girls Gone Wild Collection and anything which I may have downloaded off the net or taped from television. I just added the movies that I have actually purchased.




As you can tell, I have great taste in movies. Take a look for yourself what I have.

No comments: