Links

Monday, February 26, 2024

Monday

Weekend is over, it's time for us to take our collective noses and stick them back onto that grindstone called life and get back to doing what it is that we do for a living to make this a better rock to live on. 

I think I will have a job offer coming today, it's another contract job but it pays significantly more than the one I am spending most of my time on. Interviewed about three weeks ago and I felt like they liked me, so we'll have to wait and see. It's going back into electricity and power and using the ESRI products that I am so familiar with. I've spent the last four months learning an archaic program called Smallworld, but it pays about $14 an hour less than what I usually make, so it will not be a hard decision. 

I finally got my certification for Derivative Classification over the weekend. On the other job I work we're transitioning over to a more secure server and systems and I have to have this certification before I will be granted access. That was a real pain in the butt, I was going to do it during the week but decided to do it on the weekend so my head can be clearer and ready to go, it was a challenge to say the least. Both this job and the new one that will probably be offered could both lead into staff positions. 

Have yourselves a great day and the start of a super productive week. 

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: