Links

Friday, December 02, 2022

Big Ole Hairy Friday

Yes, it is once again that time of the week that we all look forward to when we can take time to cease the labors for the week and take a little bit of needed time out to enjoy the fruits of those labors. It is once again the dawn of another weekend and a Big Ole Hairy Black Friday!

It is a true Friday for me, my weekend starts this evening even though I was planning on working tomorrow, our VPN is being taken down for some upgrades so I am off tomorrow and Sunday. First two-day weekend in some time to be honest with you, and I'm kind of happy about that. 

So what do I do with a two-day weekend? Michelle and I have a birthday party tomorrow afternoon at her niece Amanda's house. Her daughter is celebrating her first Birthday. Personally, I think she waited one day too long to be born, but I have a biased opinion on that if you know what I mean. 

We did travel to East Liverpool on Wednesday for Tom's funeral. it was a pretty touching service and Michelle's nephew Jon gave a brief speech when they were reflecting on the times he has shared with Pap (what they called him). People were remembering the good times, the way we should say goodbye to people. The good times and the sad. 

WVU did name their new Athletic Director a couple of days ago. Wren Baker was chosen to take Shane Lyon's place. I am hearing some good things about the guy, but personally, I'm a little hesitant as I prefer someone with ties to the school and who understands the culture. I wish him the best. 

Have yourselves a great day. 

Hi ho hi ho






No comments: