Links

Saturday, July 11, 2020

Saturday Morning Ramblings

Here I sit yet once again in a quiet household, my co-author is still sleeping and I'm up looking for something on the boob tube.

Hayley and Tyler as well as her Maid of Honor Bethany stopped over yesterday afternoon. They were starting to do a few crafts for the bridal shower next year including the invitations. She brought her cricut over and showed me some of the things she has  already done such as her save the date cards that she will send out to everyone. We were set up to do everything outside, but the weather dictated that it be moved inside into the newly vacated bedroom.

I did hear some heartbreaking news yesterday. I have been a poster on a certain WVU message board for 20 years. I go there to discuss WVU sports and used to spend a lot of time on the Politics and Religion Board up until a couple of years ago. I was part of my daily routine and many of us even though we have never met know a lot about each other. I learned yesterday that my old political adversary and friend had passed away Wednesday evening. TXEER as we called him was recently diagnosed and has been battling ALS the last couple of months. Tom lived in Palmer Texas, but was originally from West Virginia and spent a lot of time on the message board. How much time, I did the math yesterday and for 18 years, he averaged a post every 50 minutes. 167,107 posts since September of 2002. You will be missed old friend.

Have yourselves a great day today.

Do something special.

No comments: