Links

Monday, February 16, 2009

Sterograms

For years I would see books of images called Sterograms. That is when you place a 3 dimensional image into an image and you have to adjust your eyes to allow you to see it.

Sort of like this image below:




Some people just see a blue pattern, but inside of that blue pattern is a 3 Dimensional image of two dolphins swimming. Once your eyes are adjusted it is very easy to see, for me I looked at these things for years and never understood how they worked, or should I say was not able to see them work. Yesterday someone at an online forum showed me how to make it work, and I have been fascinated ever since.

If you have trouble seeing the Dolphins above and need a little tutorial on how to see them, check out stereograms.net, they have a pretty good tutorial on how to adjust your eyes. Hint, what you are looking for is not necessarily what it is a picture of, it's just the background that creates the three dimensional image.

If you get the hang of it, make your own and see if you can see it.

No comments: