Links

Friday, February 23, 2007

End of another work week

Fridays are always my favorite workday of the week, but I don't think that I am alone on this issue.

I haven't posted much this week, but there has been a lot happening if you believe that. I have two sisters who started pushing me into doing something that I said I was going to do for over a year now, really two years.

A special thanks goes out to Pam, Kim and Jean for pushing me into starting the procedures for getting my diabetes under control. I actually have a Doctors appointment this coming Wed. This will be the first doctors visit by by since Dr. Ghosal passed away some time ago. I'm thinking it was about 1993 that he passed away, so we are talking of going on 14 years since I visited a doctor. I am type II Diabetic, so I need to get control of this.

Wed Jean and I went to a Stores Online presentation about internet commerce. There will be an all day seminar we will be attending March 7 in Parkersburg. I've already seen their pitch and I'm going for the education to see if they can teach me something I don't know.

Their product is they are a Domain Host and try to sell people extremely overpriced turn key websites, however their seminar will teach you how to run the buisness. I'm smart enough to know that larger hosts also have packages out there for a small fraction of what these guys are trying to sell you. ie they will sell you the rights to a store for a yearly licensing fee of $2,800. For roughly 10% of that cost you can set up a starter merchant account at Godaddy plus a $0.35 per transaction fee.

Not sure of a product as of yet, but I want to hear what these guys have to say. I also have commercial tools on two different hosting accounts that I already own. I would like to find a product or product line that I can drop ship and make a few extra bucks on, I can grow and develop it from there.

Softball is just right around the corner, BOPARC is actually having their snowball sotball tournament this weekend at White Park. Before anyone asks, no I'm not playing in that tournament. I did pack a few snowballs this week and tested out the arm for velocity and accuracy. I did manage to burry two snowballs on top of each other back to back on a tree trunk from about 45 feet with a little velocity. Of course it's not like throwing a softball, but we're getting closer to that point.

No comments: