Links

Sunday, March 26, 2006

The Weekend

It's been a great weekend for me so far, even though my beloved WVU Mountaineers are not playing today with a chance to advance to the Final 4. Ironically we have played both teams who are already in the final four and we have played the two number one seeds that play today with a chance to go to the final four. So, there is a good chance that we will have played all four teams left in the NCAA Basketball tournament at one time or another during the regular season and have a 2-2 record against these four teams.
Last night we had our fantasy baseball draft. It's going to be a pure trophy league this year and the guys that are in my league are all members of my softball team with the exception one owner. It was a great time last night getting together with the guys I will be spending this summer with playing softball.

It's a continual process for us, Softball and then when that's over Mountaineer football starts, when that's over Mountaineer Basketball starts and when that is over we return to Softball. I had a blast playing with these guys last year, and I'm looking foreword to playing with them again this season.

We are going to have our first practice this Tuesday, so I'm a little excited about being about being able to hit the field again this season with these guys.

I did get a chance to talk to Chris and he informed me that we are picking up a new player this season who owns a paintball battle ground at Rich's Farms. He's toying with the idea of having a private day late in April where we are going to do a Prime Thyme Softball v WVAQ paintball battle. They are eying up like April 22 at Rich's Farms for the potential day and date. Chris (Hector) told Kevin last night that we will see where his loyalty lies, however Chris is also on the morning show and might be setting us up. We'll have to wait and see.

I was really happy with how my draft ended up. I'm traditionally the guy who comes in last place. Remember that these guys are all in radio and television or have worked for a team, so I'm usually in trouble every year. I feel confident this year though that the Morgantown Fantasy Baseball trophy (you can see the football trophy in one of the pics) will be residing at my place come October.

I did buy myself a nice little toy this morning. I was in the mood for some popcorn and was with all the Micro-Wave popcorn. I noticed a jar of Orville Redenbacher sitting there. It's been a really long time since I would have "Real Popcorn" at home. Seems like we always go for convenience and get the microwave stuff. It never seems to pop right, gets burnt or is dried out too much. So, I went and bought a hot air popcorn popper.

I don't think I have had real home made popcorn in over a decade or better. You know the kind, where you Melt the butter and pour it over top a big bowl of freshly popped pop corn. Well worth the minimal investment (I think I paid $16.00 for the popper), other than movie theatre, this is the best popcorn I've had in years.

Maybe this summer I will venture into making Home Made Ice Cream.

It's amazing how we forget the simpler and finer things in life.

Hope you've had a great weekend.

No comments: