Links

Sunday, March 19, 2006

It's Been a good weekend so far.

I will say that it has been a fairly decent weekend for me so far. It started Friday and my 68 mile drive home from work when WVU beat Southern Illinois 64-46 in the first round of the NCAA Tournament. We play Northwestern State this afternoon in the second round. The winner will advance to the Sweet 16 of the NCAA Basketball tournament in Atlanta. I will say it has been a pleasure to watch these seniors play the past four seasons.

Saturday was a decent day, I went to Jean's and took a few pictures of her for her new pet, an African Grey named Gussy. Gussy is pictured with Bunkey, Jean's toy poodle that she also has. Gussy has an already very large vocabulary and just being around her is very entertaining. She states her previous owners address and telephone number for sta
rters. Jean told me a little story that she usually gets up by 5:00 and decided to sleep in one morning. A little after 5:00 Bunky was barking so Jean got out of bed, as soon as she got out she looked down and there was Gussy walking into her bedroom. Gussy looks up at her and states....."What's Your Problem?" I have a funny feeling Gussy will touch a few peoples lives over the years.

I did have a nice little pleasant surprise yesterday in a phone call from my best friend throughout college Ginger. Her and Tony were in town yesterday morning, and will be returning in a couple months. Hopefully the next time they come back into town we can all go out to dinner or something. She did however tell me that they bought a new house and will have DSL at their new house. I'm really lloking foreward to being back in contact with her with MSN again. If you find a friend like this once in your lifetime, you are pretty lucky.

I'm not sure what the rest of my weekend holds in store other than my typical day, but if it's anything like the first part of the weekend it's going to be a good day.


"Friendship is a plant of slow growth and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity before it is entitled to the appellation."--George Washington

No comments: