Links

Friday, September 02, 2005

The week in review

The highlight of the week was the drafting of the 2005 Fantasy Football draft Tuesday night at the Jerry West Lounge of the WVU Coliseum. I'm looking foreword to finishing this season in the top 10 in my money league, good thing there are only ten teams in the league. These are some very knowledgeable football fans who also by chance I play softball with. I always tend to really get my butt kicked against these guys. This year however I think I'm just going to throw a monkey wrench into the whole situation and win the league.

We owe a debt of Gratitude to Michael Toth and Cool Ride for supplying two free oil changes to a couple random owners.


Speaking of Cool Ride, Michael had his grand opening last Saturday. Jean and I went over to see how things are going, Mike and Mick were also having a BBQ to celebrate the opening of Cool Ride. Cool Ride is located at 1448 Van Voorhis Rd and the phone number is (304_598-COOL (2665). They have done an amazing amount of work on the old garage in remodeling it and getting it ready to open for business. Anyone needing an oil change, they are only $15.99. If you get a chance, stop in at Cool Ride and see what they have done with the place. They do everything from detailing to Super-charging a car. He has a Full detailing including the engine for $79.99.


This is the start of a holiday weekend plus one for me. Yeah you heard it, I'm taking Tuesday off as well to stretch the three day to a four day weekend. I can't say that it's not a long overdue break. I think the last time I had a four day weekend was last Christmas. I almost forgot what it was like to have a job with benefits.


Val has started working at Dairy Mart on Rt. 7. I guess she was worried about Neighbor Care shutting down that she decided to go find another job. Jean says she seems to like working there.


I need to finish Pam's resume this weekend. She's been calling a couple times this week and I have been sleeping. I'll get it wrapped up this weekend so she can use it.


Brittany is now home from Linsley. She stayed up there last weekend, and returned home this weekend. I'll have to call her or talk to her to see how she likes her new school. She seemed excited about it before she went.

How about Gas Prices? Sheesh are they getting ridiculous. I have found Gas Buddy to be very up to date and informational to me in this time of crisis.

No comments: