Links

Saturday, January 22, 2005

Goodbye and good luck

Yesterday was kind of a sad day for me. It was the last day of work for a friend and the man who basically taught me 95% of what I know about GIS. I've worked with JB Churchill for over 3 1/2 years. He was the one who initially hired me for the Hollowfill project in the summer of 2001 and we worked together ever since.

It was from the valuable time that I worked with him that put I feel put me head and shoulders above any of my peers in the Geography department in GIS. While people were learning to use the interface and what buttons to push, I learned to do it the hard way with arc info and a command line. Once I got the hang of this it made understanding the interface almost a joke while 75% of my fellow students were dropping out of the discipline.

I owe him a very big thank you for the knowledge and the hand up on how to use GIS to it's fullest extent of it's possibilities.

JB commuted an hour and a half every day from Maryland to Morgantown, he recently found a much higher paying job 3.2 miles from his house. I don't think it's hard to understand why he's leaving. He will definately be missed.

The entire NRAC went to lunch yesterday at Blackbear and surprised him with a new Ipod Shuffle . I loves music and I hope this entertains him when he's runnig around the country looking for and identifying unique birds.

Thanks again oh master bird expert, you taught me well. Good luck and I hope we stay in touch.

No comments: