Links

Thursday, January 13, 2005

Country Inn night

It's thursday and I went down to visit my sister and see this new band she was telling me about. I went and saw firat hand The Chicken Pickers, they were a country band with a lot of talent. I was actually quite impressed and happy to see a parking lot full of cars.

I got a chance to talk to Ty, their fiddle player briefly. He said they play a few bars around Morgantown at a few establishments. I would tell you where, but you can either come and see them at the Country Inn or you can do your own homework.

Not many bands around town have a talented fiddle player like this band has. They played a Devil went down to Georgia and kicked some serious butt.

One thing I did notice tonight was that the acoustics for that bar are quite awesome. They didn't set up where the traditional band sets up, so I think Nick could better accomodate bands if he moved the stage.

No comments: