Links

Friday, December 31, 2021

Goodbye 2021

 January

* At the start of January, I was doing some contract tracing for RTI and Partners in Health for the state of Massachusetts. 

* January 6th was a sad day, as the US Congress was trying to certify the election results, there was an insurrection that took over the Capital building. 

* My career as a contract tracer ended at the end of January, our contract was up and we transitioned to doing Field Work. 


February

* Phil decided to be difficult, the little rodent saw his shadow. 

* I had to do my yearly certification for RTI, this was the first year that I did not have to travel to do it somewhere else, such as St Louis. It was all done from the comfort of my home. 

* Our old 4 legged neighbors Lilly had crossed the rainbow bridge. The little Rock of Love is still around and is doing well. 

* Michelle and I traveled to Baltimore for a job interview. I was being interviewed for the GIS person for school bus routing in the area. It was a nice trip, didn't get work out though. We both like Baltimore. 


March

* They ended up flattening the two houses beside us, Patty's old houses that she sold. Both residences were completely removed and flattened. 

* I traveled for the first time to work for RTI this year. Something that I would do pretty consistently throughout the next couple of quarters. 

* Michelle and I got our first COVID shots thanks to my wonderful niece Brittany. 

* We went over to my sister Kim's to teach her how to fly her drone, she was pretty nervous for her first flight, but it all came naturally. 


April

* April the Giraffe, someone that Michelle has a lot of memorabilia for and one that she give birth a couple of time, had passed away. 

* Michelle, Hatley and Tyler all took a trip to Bethany Beach, Delaware to check out where we were all going to be staying for the wedding coming up in June. 

* Michelle had lost her Grandmother, known as Gigi on this blog, during April. She had reached the age of about 99 3/4 when she passed. 


May

* May started out with a bang, her and Tyler's co-ed Bridal shower was held at Woodland Church and turned out pretty well. 

* I did a lot of traveling for RTI for a few months, I was spending a lot of time in the Northern Panhandle. 

* I had to upgrade my iPhone 7 Plus to an iPhone 11. Mine started to crap out on battery life and it just had to be replaced. 

* I also had to retire my Computer and replace my home PC. It was just getting old and having some serious issues, plus it was running a version of Windows that was no longer being supported. 

* Michelle got a job offer from FD Kitchens and Bath, her current employer. 


June

* Michelle and I headed to Bethany Beach Delaware to prepare for Hayley's wedding. 

* After a long weekend of festivities, about a year and a half of planning and a few worrisome moments, Hayley and Tyler had a magical wedding on Assateague Island where the wild ponies all lines up and watched the event and then came and mingled with the wedding party. Could not have been planned that well. 

* My cousin Marrianne Friel had passed away while Michelle and I were away. She always had that magnetic personality. 

* Michelle started working for FD Kitchens and Bath. 

* Hayley and Tyler enjoyed a beautiful honeymoon in San Diego. 

* As an amazing group effort, we managed to get Mom and Gerald moved into Unity Manor. It is much closer to town and more suitable for their needs. 


July

*We started out the month with a nice trip to Hovatters Zoo so that Michelle could stick a carrot in her mouth and have a Giraffe come down and grab it out of her mouth. 

* Amy and Ralph moved into their new home and hosted a House Warming Party for everyone. Michelle and I went and had a good time, I thought that they did an amazing job with the entire build. 

* I hooked Mom's glucose monitor up to her iPhone. 


August

* Michelle and I Celebrated our 10th Wedding Anniversary. Hard to believe she has put up with me for that long. 

* We were invited and actually went to a cookout at my Sister Terri's. Nick's sister Samira had come into town and her and Nasrin were coming down and we were invited. 

* I got both of our cars inspected for the year, they both come up for inspection every August so it's twice the headache and a shorter period. They both passed. 

* Michelle's family all gathered back in East Liverpool to celebrate Gigi's birthday, it was an event that they had been planning for some time and they still celebrated it despite her passing a few months earlier. 


September

* I reached the 17 year anniversary of me becoming a Blogger, hard to believe that I have been doing this for that long of a period of time. 

* I traveled to the Eastern Panhandle to work for RTI, I had worked the Northern Panhandle before, so why not cover the eastern one. 

* I accepted my offer from ConsultUSA to work for Duquense Light, I had to do a follicle drug screen and that lead to one heck of an adventure as the place they set up only extracts it from the top of the head. 


October

* Michelle went on her annual girls' trip with Kim, Terri, Val, Amy, Brittany and a few others. This is the second year in a row that they have gone down and enjoyed themselves. 

* I started a new job working for ConsultUSA, a contract that is carried into 2022 and hopefully a little longer. I really enjoy doing GIS and it felt good getting back into it. 

* I made a Pampered Chef order to assist with Michelle's party that she had going. We love Pampered Chef products and we do have a great deal of it. 

* Michelle officially went on FD Kitchen's payroll as her contract with the temp company was completed. 


November

* The month started off with me getting a weekend off. COVID had made Monoingalia County ineligible to work for about a week, so no RTI work the first weekend. 

* We managed to take our AC out of the window and take our EZ Up that we put in the back yard down for the winter. 

* Michelle and I enjoyed a quiet Thanksgiving dinner at home. We were supposed to try to go bowling, but we both fell asleep a little early and didn't make it. 


December

* December was a busy month, for the most part, working in Hundred for RTI for the first half of the month before shutting it down for the year. 

* Michelle and I did put up a Christmas tree this year, albeit a small one that was prelit, but we haven't put a big one up since 2019. 

* Michelle and her sister cousin Julie went Christmas Shopping together in Washington PA for a day. 

* We spent Christmas Eve once again at my Sister Terri's and Christmas Day with Michelle's Sister Chris. 

* I have written 382 BLOGS for 2021, this being the final one. 

* See you in 2022. 

No comments: