Links

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Below smoking weight

As many of you know, I was a smoker for sometime and quit smoking in May of 2002. Well, something many people do when they stop smoking is start eating more and usually gain weight, in my case I gained weight, lost weight and gained even more weight than I had before I started losing it.

Since leaving Helmick where I worked 11-12 hours a day 5-6 days a week pouring metal, my weight slowly progressd in an upward fashion. Going from strenuous manual labor in sometimes areas where the room heat reached 120 at times to an educational and office setting lowers the amount of calories that you burn on a day to day basis.

Then when I quit smoking a few years ago after finals week, that did, but didn't really help matters. Stopping smoking is not something I would ever regret, but it added additional weight to the weight I had already gained since my Helmick days.

A little over a year ago my weight got to its highest number, and that number being about 5% more than I would have ever wanted to weigh at an absolute max. My weight topped well over 300 pounds (actually 314) and it was starting to be a concern.

This morning, I stepped on the scale and saw a very pleasant surprise when I saw that I am getting close to my weight from my days at Helmick (I've lost roughly 40 of the 50 pounds I gained). I'm feeling good.

My Feb 19 post on year goals. Not quite 100% complete, but all areas were addressed this past year.

Maybe it is time for me to start to prepare next years goals.

No comments: