Links

Thursday, November 17, 2005

What is it you do for a living

GIS is a very big and broad field. I've explained it as the worlds best database with geo-referenced pictures. There are so many things that you can do with it and once the data is created, it's interchangeable with other datasets.

Working for VARGIS, I have done some photogrammatry work on planametric data, but mostly I have been doing GIS projects.

Today I was introduced to a site that is pretty close to what we are doing. This is the end result of the data in an IMS system. It's merely one parcel (not one we did), but the client specs look very similar to a project we are currently working on for Western Maryland.

This is a very user friendly end product for everyone to get an idea of what I do. I basically assemble all these datasets in a geodatabase. Everything you would see in the window, is what I do.


Have fun and enjoy

No comments: