Links

Sunday, September 26, 2004

Smitty

A few weeks ago I went to PigStock here in Morgantown. It was the first official WVU Pep Rally here in Morgantown. Coach Rich Rodrigeuz was there and they did the statewide sportsline.

As I was standing in line to get my Hot Sausage BBQ I saw a guy who I used to hang around with a lot a few years ago. I saw my old drinking buddy Smitty. I really hadn't had a much of a chance to talk to him in the past few years, so it was a pleasure sitting down and shooting the shit for a couple of hours.

I did manage to get the on picture of him and got his e-mail address. I sent him a message to the address he gave me and it came back undeliverable. Talk about being disappointed, I even wrote the address down on a piece of paper and it so as to make sure I didn't get it wrong.

Well, span ahead a few weeks till today when I check my e-mail and who do I get one from? Yep, Smitty managed to find my e-mail address and sent me one from his adelphia account. I managed to replay to that account and BCC'd it to his Yahoo, one way or another I'll have an active e-mail account from him.

Seems that the picture that I took of him at Pigstock was the link that reconnected us. He said a friend he tailgates with was surfing the web and found it. Talk about a small world. Anyways great to hear from him and I hope we can make it to a football game or two together this fall.

No comments: