Links

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Easter Weekend

I hope that everyone has had a pretty decent Easter Weekend. Mine has been to say the lease relaxing and fun filled. Yesterday was WVU's annual gold blue game, this is the spring scrimmage for the football team, it's also the last time the football team will assemble until this fall.

My old room mate Greg used to play, and I know what the life of a college football player is like. These guys don't get a break from the time they get on campus a few weeks before everyone else until the spring game. Even after the last game is played, they are still expected to report for winter conditioning and that leads into spring football. After the spring game, the team no longer needs to officially report until the fall again.

Anyways, it was a great day, my guess was there was 15,000 plus fans in attendance. All of the proceeds from this game is donated to the West Virginia Childrens Hospital. Probably the best $5.00 you can spend a year. We look very good and this may be our best team ever once it's all said and done, that is until next year when we basically return everyone again.

After the game I decided to go and visit Terri. It had been some time since I had the opportunity to see her, so I was going to go to the bar, but she had taken the day off and was at home.

I stopped and visited for a while, and took her to Ryan's Steakhouse for her birthday which was last weekend. Jean introduced me to Ryan's last fall and I fell in love with the place, so I took Terri for a nice enjoyable dinner. It was a Steak and Shrimp night, so it was well worth the trip.

Today is Easter Sunday and my schedule has been altered a little because everyone is basically closed. I was smart enough to go grocery shopping last night though, so I was ahead of the game.

I hope everyone has a very Happy Easter.




For everything there is a season,
And a time for every matter under heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die;
A time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal;
A time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh;
A time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to throw away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
A time to embrace, And a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to seek, and a time to lose;
A time to keep, and a time to throw away;
A time to tear, and a time to sew;
A time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate,
A time for war, and a time for peace.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

No comments: