Links

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Tidbits

* I thought I was a little over due for a tidbits post, so here it goes.

* I first have to start out with a couple belated birthdays. First Mom's was January 11, and I stayed true to form in never being able to remember anyone's birthday, so Belated Happy Birthday Mom. After this happened, I tried adding a few Birthdays to the calendar on my phone. Once again another belated birthday to Nick whose was January 19th. I got to come up with a better system, I'm horrible at remember dates.

* The weather has been unseasonably warm this January, I'm not complaining, I'm enjoying this very much.

* A couple weeks ago I pointed out that one Associated Press Voter had named the West Virginia University Football Team Pre-season #1 for 2006. I knew at least one would do that. Now make that two, ESPN
has us as the #1 team for the 2006 Pre-season.

* In a game that is reminiscent of the old Larry Bird - Michael Jordan nothing but net McDonald's commercials of the 1980's. West Virginia University Basketball's team show that they can play this game too. There is a writer for Sports Illustrated who names eight teams every year, out of these eight teams he guarantees the NCAA Champion to come out of these eight. Read his entire article, and don't forget to look on page two for the rest of the names of the eight teams named. The next 365 days could be very interesting here in Morgantown.

* Nick and Terri's is now officially Nick and Terri's. They have passed their Mon County Health Department inspection and have their liquor license approved. They OFFICIALLY Open for buisness Monday. It's amazing how much work they have done to this location. I'll swing by monday and get a few pictures from the official opening.

* It's the NFL's Conference Championship weekend. My Pittsburgh Steelers are going to try to see if they can have any better luck playing AFC Championship games on the road, since they haven't had too much success winning these games in Pittsburgh. Nick's Carolina Panthers are in the NFC Championship. Here's to my team beating his team in the Super Bowl.

No comments: