Links

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Eve of another four day weeknd,

I think I am going to take next Tuesday off from work. West Virginia battles Georgia Monday night in the Sugar Bowl, and even though something tells me we are going to get blown out, I'm preparing for us to pull the upset. It's not the biggest game WVU football has played, but it certainly will measure up there as one of the most significant.

I've also got a decision to make very soon and this will give me a good chance to contemplate it before I make it. It's getting to be the end of the year and I need to make a decision about where I am going to live during the next year. I have three options.

The first and least likely to happen is that when my lease is up at the end of January I move closer to work. I'm thinking of the West Virginia side of the river in Cumberland. I really haven't gotten a chance to check it out yet, but plan on doinf so soon.

Second, and this is a 50/50 chance, is that I extend my lease one month and leave at the Begining of March. This would be a financial decision. It gives me time to get my Tax Return and have a few enough money to make the move. W-2's will come the last day of my lease, so that puts a time constraint on everything for me.

The third option which is also 50/50 right now is to stay right where I am at for one more year. There are a few things in my life I want to settle, handle or find in the next 12 months. My health being the biggest one because of my sugar levels. I really need to get that under control. This last 12 months for me was establishing stability in my life. this next 12 months I want to work on health, financial security and maybe even the empty and incomplete part of my life.

My career is going good, I like where I am at, who I work with and where my career is heading. I did have an interview last month with a company in Morgantown. They were interested, I told them wheat it would take and haven't heard anything more from them. That was a 50/50 thing also, but getting employee of the year from a company that went from seven to thirty million in sales in 2005 is not something you can overlook. I have played this scenerio the way I wanted to play it, and as exciting as it may have been to stay in Morgantown, I think I would be doing myself a discredit if I didn't challenge myself in my career. My future lies with VARGIS.

There are a lot of factors in my decision where I will live next year, and I think I really need to make a decision over the weekend. Honestly, I don't know what the final decision will be. I change my decision at least once or twice a day.

Anyways, I'll work tomorrow and have a four day weekend for the second weekend in a row.


It's amazing how fast 23 years go by.

No comments: